You’ve no doubt heard of The Ten Commandments. To this day, they remain important life guiding principles that govern individual and Collective behavior. Wouldn’t it be great if there were 10 basic rules for achievement? Well, there are, thanks to motivational speaker and author Jewel Diamond Taylor (JewelMotivates@aol.com; 323-964-1736).
Check out Taylor’s 10’p’s for success in life:
- People: Thou shalt surround thyself with positive, caring, supportive, networking, productive, and like-minded people. Success is contagious.
- Prepare and Plan: Thou shalt get organized, make necessary contacts, calls, or calendar dates. Gather your materials and resources and get started today. Overcome the greatest enemies to your wealth and health: procrastination and laziness. Procrastination is a thief.
- Pen and Paper: Thou shalt write down thy goals. Think it, then ink it. Be specific. Have a Target date. Review them often.
- Pray: Thou shalt ask the Lord to order thy steps. Pray for wisdom, courage, discernment, discipline, and strength. When in doubt or fear, pray.
- Patience: Thou shalt keep thy cool. Avoid frustration, undue stress, and mistakes. Understand that everything unfolds and develops in due season, and that there are no shortcuts to success.
- Protect your Health: Thou shalt take care of thy temple. Eat healthy foods, exercise, and avoid stress. You are more vulnerable to depression, fatigue, illness, stress, and addictions when you feel defeated, bored, joyless, and have no goals to pursue.
- Persevere: Thou shalt push toward the mark, keep the faith, and not give up. The purpose of life is to have a life of purpose. Discipline and motivate yourself to do what is right now and finish each day so you can enjoy the benefits later in life.
- Positive Thinking: Thou shalt think big and optimistically. Avoid negative thoughts and small thinking people. Believe in Your Divine spiritual source and in your ability to achieve your goals.
- Provide Quality: Thou shalt put thy best foot forward. Do your best and give your best. Put a little extra effort into your performance, attitude, appearance, relationships, and style. Make a promise to yourself to never be just average. Let your excellent shine!
- Pretend: Thou shalt act as though thou hast already achieved thy goal. Visualize it. Feel it. Accept it in your mind. Feel worthy of receiving it. Give thanks in advance. -Robyn D. Clark